A Message from your Informix Marketing Team
Welcome to the March edition of the “Informix Round-Up” newsletter. The newsletter is designed to keep you up to date on all of the latest Informix news.
We’re pleased to announce IBM Informix 12.1 is now available! Some of the new features of Informix 12.1 include faster operational analytics and enhanced OLAP capabilities, ease of deploying applications to the private cloud, index compression to optimize storage and increase performance, and unprecedented performance and scalability for managing time series and sensor data. If you’d like to learn more about these features, and learn what makes Informix 12.1 ‘simply powerful’, visit our website .
We are looking forward to the upcoming 2013 IIUG Informix conference, which is scheduled for April 21-25, in San Diego, California. If you haven’t had a chance to look at the technical sessions on the agenda, you can view it here . We would also like to inform you that the IIUG member discount will end at midnight on April 1, 2013, so if you haven’t registered yet, hurry to save $100! We look forward to meeting you at the 2013 IIUG Informix conference.
Highlights of the Month
- Webcast Replay – The New IBM Informix: Simply Powerful: If you missed the March 26th webcast on “The New Informix” make sure to listen to the replay. Jerry Keesee, Director of Informix Database Development, IBM; John Miller, Lead Architect, Informix, IBM; Sally Hartnell, Product Marketing Manager, IBM; and guest speaker Chad Gates, Development Manager, Pronto Software Limited, discuss the exciting new features and benefits for clients and partners that allow them to take their business into the future, right now! Find out how this release brings you a cost-effective, simply powerful solution that addresses all your data management requirements.
- Information On Demand 2013: Call for Speakers : The Call for Speakers is now open for IBM Information On Demand 2013, IBM’s largest gathering of business and IT professionals. This event will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada from November 3-7, 2013. Do you have a great presentation topic that you’d like to share? We’re looking for dynamic, innovative and thought-provoking sessions. Whether your proposal aims at sharpening skills, sharing best practices, or presenting new ideas and groundbreaking concepts, all proposals are welcome. Proposals from Clients, IBM Business Partners and IBM Employees will be accepted for the following programs,Information Management, Enterprise Content Management and Business Analytics and Business Leadership. Session proposals will be accepted until Friday, April 26, 2013. You will be notified by June 15 if your session is selected. Don’t miss this opportunity to speak at Information On Demand 2013. Submit your proposal here.
- IBM Informix 12.1: Simply Powerful : This short video takes you through the key features of IBM Informix 12.1, which makes it a ‘simply powerful’ solution. Watch the video here and please share it in your community.
- IBM Informix Sales Kits on IBM PartnerWorld : You can now get direct access to four Informix sales kits on PartnerWorld . The sales kits are available for the following:
- IBM Informix Flexible Grid: Focused on the advantages of deploying private cloud opportunities and offering always on availability
- IBM Informix Genero: Focused on accelerating mobile and cloud-based applications
- IBM Informix TimeSeries: Focused on the unprecedented performance and scalability for managing time series or interval data
- IBM Informix Warehouse Accelerator: Focused on achieving faster time to value for data analysis and reporting
- IBM Software Quick Start: A Step-By-Step Guide for Business Partners: The IBM Software Quick Start for Business Partners is designed to help you navigate the IBM PartnerWorld program – step-by-step – and optimize your use of the most important software focused tools and resources for your business growth. To make use of this facility and to learn more, click here.
- Marketing Campaign Services for IBM Business Partners: To help you generate quality leads, especially with campaigns which incorporate IBM assets and resources, TSL Marketing is offering a unique solution. TSL Marketing can work on your entire marketing process, to develop a customized campaign strategy and demand generation, to drive new leads. Expenses incurred for these services may be eligible for reimbursement via the IBM Co-marketing program. To learn more about this program click here.
- Make your Sales Reps More Productive with Outbound Calling Solution Acceleration: The outbound calling solution from ConnectAndSell is a tool for accelerating outbound calling, which helps enable sales reps to effectively get in front of prospects. Using this solution, your sales reps will average 7 to 10 live conversations with named prospects on your list in one hour. Expenses incurred for these services may be eligible for reimbursement via the IBM Co-marketing program. To learn more about this program click here.
- Solution Accelerator Incentive: The IBM Solution Accelerator Incentive rewards the simultaneous sale by IBM Business Partners of eligible IBM servers and/or storage with eligible IBM software products. This incentive has a base reward and a solution bonus reward. In addition, Business Partners can also earn up to 1 percent in fees when clients finance their solution through IBM Global Financing. To learn more about this program click here.
- Informix Flexible Grid Bootcamp: Save the date for the upcoming Informix Flexible Grid Bootcamp in San Diego, CA, following the 2013 IIUG conference. There is no charge for this event. Date and time: Thursday, April 25, 2013: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (PDT). Register today.
- Informix Warehouse Accelerator Bootcamp: Make sure you don’t miss the upcoming Informix Warehouse Bootcamp in San Diego, CA, after the 2013 Informix IIUG conference. There is no charge to attend this event. Date and time: Thursday, April 25, 2013: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (PDT). Register today.
Business Partner Resources
- Informix Quick Reference Tool for BPs
- IBM Co-Marketing Center Tool
- Information Management Solution Portal
Business Partner Programs
Informix in Social Media
- Jerry Keesee’s Blog
- Fernando Nunes’ Blog
- Louis Cherian’s Blog
- Kevin Brown’s Blog
- Fred Ho’s Blog
- Jacques Roy’s Blog
- Carlton Doe’s Blog
- Eric Vercelletto’s Blog
- Martin Fuerderer’s Blog
- Application Development Blog
This Newsletter is produced by :
Louis T. Cherian
Product Marketing Manager, IBM Informix